Pat Robertson Finally Weighs in on the Whole Petraeus Thing
On Tuesday's 700 Club Pat Robertson broke his silence on the unfolding scandal that has culminated (for now) in the resignation of General David Petraeus from the CIA. The famously stern Robertson had a surprisingly cavalier tone about the whole affair. "She is an extremely good-looking woman," he said. "She is a marathon runner, she can run Ironman Triathlons. So, she’s out running with him and she’s writing a biography and I think the term is 'propinquity.' And there was a lot of propinquity going on." Robertson did not define propinquity for certain bloggers who had to go figure out for themselves that it means "proximity leading to attraction," but he did go on to say that he didn't think Petraeus needed to resign. "The man is off in a foreign land. And he’s lonely and here’s a good-looking lady throwing herself at him. I mean, it’s — he’s a man. So, there are people who felt he shouldn’t resign if it didn’t effect his work. I don’t condone sexual immorality, but at the same time, I don’t think it should be necessarily a disqualification for somebody to head the CIA" ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > UN Struggles to Feed Millions Starving in War-Torn Yemen
- > Someone Turned ‘Stranger Things’ Into a ‘Peanuts’-Style Christmas Cartoon
- > Indian Railways Block Porn Sites From Their Free Wi-Fi Services in Patna Station
- > 22 Children Killed in Syrian School Airstrikes
- > Selling Custom Flannel Shirts Is the Most Bon Iver Thing Bon Iver Has Ever Done