The Pastor Who Became an Atheist
The New York Times has published a lengthy but fascinating profile of Jerry DeWitt, a former Bible-Belt pastor who was a "closeted" atheist before outing himself and striving to create communities for other Christians who leave their faith. Since then, DeWitt has become a leader in the atheist community even as his family and many of his friends have distanced themselves from him ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > A '20/20' Special Will Look at an American Hostage Captured By ISIS for Her Christian Faith
- > 28 More Companies Sign White House Pledge to Close Gender Wage Gap
- > An Artist Left a Gown in the Dead Sea and It Came Out Even More Beautiful
- > Worldwide Outrage Causes France to Overturn Burkini Ban
- > 2 Mississippi Nuns Found Dead in Their Home, Community Reacts