Pastor Launches a Beach Bar Church Movement
Here’s an interesting look at Florida-based pastor Jack Kale, who has launched his own “Beach Bar” church movement “based on simple worship and an organic lay leadership structure.” Four years ago he founded the “Worship at the Water" with the Gulf Breeze United Methodist Church, and now, after leaving the UMC, he’s set out to launch the all new “Central Waterside Church at Bimini Beach Bar.” According to Kale, the outdoor services that take place at a Tiki-bar-like setting are meant to draw crowds that wouldn’t typically be attracted to traditional churches (probably like hardcore Jimmy Buffett fans). “God is moving in a church without walls where people are already comfortable. People who will never go to a regular church will go to a beach bar church … I think that beach bar and restaurant based worship centers are the future for Christian worship settings and I am excited to be leading the way with Central Waterside!" …
Recommended For You
- > John C. Reilly Unveils Incredible 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Clip
- > Richard Dawkins Reminds Everyone That Some Rapes Are Worse Than Others
- > Stephen Colbert Had Some Very Nice Things to Say about ‘The Hobbit’ Movies
- > Why Won’t These Walmart Ice Cream Sandwiches Melt?
- > Spoon’s Upcoming Album Is Streaming Right Now on iTunes