Panera Experimenting with Pay-What-You-Want Pricing
Panera restaurants in the St. Louis area will begin experimenting with new pay-what-you-want pricing for their Turkey Chili in a Bread Bowl. But beyond just a marketing ploy, the Meal of Shared Responsibility is actually a way for the restaurant chain to encourage customers to help give to those in need.
Here’s how it works: Any amount above the suggested $5.89 price will go toward the meals of customers who couldn’t pay and to St. Louis-area hunger programs. The idea is that those in genuine need of a good meal (the chili contains about a day's worth of nutrition), can get a free bowl of chili, and other generous customers will help offset the cost …
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal