Panera Experimenting with Pay-What-You-Want Pricing
Panera restaurants in the St. Louis area will begin experimenting with new pay-what-you-want pricing for their Turkey Chili in a Bread Bowl. But beyond just a marketing ploy, the Meal of Shared Responsibility is actually a way for the restaurant chain to encourage customers to help give to those in need.
Here’s how it works: Any amount above the suggested $5.89 price will go toward the meals of customers who couldn’t pay and to St. Louis-area hunger programs. The idea is that those in genuine need of a good meal (the chili contains about a day's worth of nutrition), can get a free bowl of chili, and other generous customers will help offset the cost …
Recommended For You
- > Islamic State Militants Appear to Behead American Journalist In YouTube Video
- > Let This Little League Coach's Great Speech After a Tough Loss Inspire You to Get Out There
- > Pope Francis: ISIS Must Be Stopped to Protect Religious Minorities
- > CNN's Jake Tapper on Ferguson Police: "This Doesn't Make Any Sense"
- > Here’s What It Would Look Like if Michael Bay Had Directed ‘Up’