Over 100 Children Rescued in Massive Child Prostitution Ring Sting
Over the weekend, the FBI arrested 150 people and rescued 105 children in history's largest law enforcement effort focused on child prostitution. The children—who range from 13 to 17 years old (one of the youngest of whom was being pimped and videotaped by her own father)—came from all over the country, but the largest number of them were recovered in San Francisco. However, at least 230 separate law enforcement agencies were involved in the arrests and rescues.
"Child prostitution remains a persistent threat to children across America," said FBI Director Ron Hosko. "This operation serves as a reminder that these abhorrent crimes can happen anywhere and that the FBI remains committed to stopping this cycle of victimization and holding the criminals who profit from this exploitation accountable" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- 'Master of None' Won a Peabody Award and Aziz Ansari Used the Opportunity to Call Out Hollywood's Diversity Problem98
- The Surprising New Findings that Could Re-Shape the Pro-Life Movement197
- Playing God? Scientists Begin Building Human-Animal Hybrid Embryos95
- Netflix Is the New Home for Disney, Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar Movies2,327
- > Again, a Trump Rally Turned Into a 'Riot'
- > 'Master of None' Won a Peabody Award and Aziz Ansari Used the Opportunity to Call Out Hollywood's Diversity Problem
- > This Simple Video Is a Surprisingly Powerful Look at the European Refugee Crisis
- > Playing God? Scientists Begin Building Human-Animal Hybrid Embryos
- > Netflix Is the New Home for Disney, Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar Movies