Over 100 Children Rescued in Massive Child Prostitution Ring Sting
Over the weekend, the FBI arrested 150 people and rescued 105 children in history's largest law enforcement effort focused on child prostitution. The children—who range from 13 to 17 years old (one of the youngest of whom was being pimped and videotaped by her own father)—came from all over the country, but the largest number of them were recovered in San Francisco. However, at least 230 separate law enforcement agencies were involved in the arrests and rescues.
"Child prostitution remains a persistent threat to children across America," said FBI Director Ron Hosko. "This operation serves as a reminder that these abhorrent crimes can happen anywhere and that the FBI remains committed to stopping this cycle of victimization and holding the criminals who profit from this exploitation accountable" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- > Daisy Ridley Wants to Wish You a Happy ‘Star Wars’ Day and Encourage You to Be a Force for Change
- > Is dc Talk's Facebook Page Trying to Tell Us Something?
- > Ted Cruz Is Out, Making Donald Trump's Path Clear(er)
- > Here’s This: Kanye Says His T-Swift Interruption Was Activism
- > 'Hamilton' Grabs an Insane Number of Tony Nominations