Our Failures Are Not So Bad Compared to "The Oogieloves"
It can be hard to move on from failure. It just seems to hang over your head for days, a little nagging thought in the back of your head about this speech or that conversation and how much differently you'd do it if you had another chance. It's a part of life, and there's no getting around it, but one thing that might encourage you is that you did not set a new record for box-office failure this weekend. That particular failure went to whoever or whatever the Oogieloves are, which is a movie that apparently came out over the weekend and nobody saw it. The movie earned $448,000 over the weekend, which sounds like a lot of money, but is actually the lowest amount a movie has ever made that opened on 2,000—3,000 screens, and that the movie cost about six millin dollars to make. So, congratulations to The Oogieloves for their achievement, and congratulations to you. Whatever your failures are, they could be much, much worse ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.
- > Outrageous: Man Burned By Fajitas While Praying Can't Sue Applebee's
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > Milk that Tastes Like Peeps Is the Ultimate Easter Beverage
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course