Our Failures Are Not So Bad Compared to "The Oogieloves"
It can be hard to move on from failure. It just seems to hang over your head for days, a little nagging thought in the back of your head about this speech or that conversation and how much differently you'd do it if you had another chance. It's a part of life, and there's no getting around it, but one thing that might encourage you is that you did not set a new record for box-office failure this weekend. That particular failure went to whoever or whatever the Oogieloves are, which is a movie that apparently came out over the weekend and nobody saw it. The movie earned $448,000 over the weekend, which sounds like a lot of money, but is actually the lowest amount a movie has ever made that opened on 2,000—3,000 screens, and that the movie cost about six millin dollars to make. So, congratulations to The Oogieloves for their achievement, and congratulations to you. Whatever your failures are, they could be much, much worse ...
Recommended For You
- > Watch Mindy Kaling Keep It Together While Announcing Her Own Emmy Snub
- > Trailer: Angelina Jolie's 'Unbroken'
- > Mel Gibson Suggests Maybe We All Take It Easy on Shia LaBeouf
- > 'Game of Thrones' and 'Fargo' Lead 2014 Emmy Nominations
- > Survey: 40% of Colleges Haven’t Investigated a Sexual Assault in 5 Years