This Open Letter to Ann Coulter Is Required Reading
As you may have heard, Ann Coulter displayed the charming wit that is her trademark last Monday night with a tweet that referred to President Barack Obama as a "retard." The sentiment drew bi-partisan outrage and condemnation (and also nearly 3400 retweets and 1200 favorites. Yikes.) but no response has been more measured and thoughtful than that of John Franklin Stephens. John has Down's Syndrome, has participated in the Special Olympics and has written a number of articles about his feelings on the "r-word." His response to Coulter's tweet is kind, heartfelt and blisteringly convicting. It's also required reading so, pencils up, class ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Extended Cuts of ‘The Hobbit’ Movies Are Coming to Theaters This Fall
- > Here’s the Trailer for ‘The 33’ about the Rescue of Chilean Miners
- > A Fifth Planned Parenthood Video Released Today
- > Here’s the ‘Holy Spirit Funk’ Parody Music Video You Never Asked For
- > A New Animated Movie Starring Pez Dispensers Is in the Works