This Open Letter to Ann Coulter Is Required Reading
As you may have heard, Ann Coulter displayed the charming wit that is her trademark last Monday night with a tweet that referred to President Barack Obama as a "retard." The sentiment drew bi-partisan outrage and condemnation (and also nearly 3400 retweets and 1200 favorites. Yikes.) but no response has been more measured and thoughtful than that of John Franklin Stephens. John has Down's Syndrome, has participated in the Special Olympics and has written a number of articles about his feelings on the "r-word." His response to Coulter's tweet is kind, heartfelt and blisteringly convicting. It's also required reading so, pencils up, class ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > New Research Has Shown Greenland's Ice Sheet Could Melt Faster Than Scientists Thought
- > Some Geniuses Created Water-Powered Speeder Bikes from 'Star Wars'
- > Wesley Snipes Is Writing a Novel About Spiritual Warfare
- > The ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Just Dropped
- > Watch Pharrell and Kim Burrell Perform the Gospel-Anthem ‘I See a Victory’ on ‘The Tonight Show’