'The Onion' Fools China's Newspaper and It's Perfect
You know how when you make a joke, and everyone thinks you're serious, and then you have to explain that it was actually just a joke and it sort of ruins the whole thing? Well, that's what's happened to one of The Onion's articles but, instead of ruining everything, it's made it all exponentially better. A few weeks ago, The Onion ran an article claiming they'd chosen North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as their "Sexiest Man Alive for 2012," listing him with such tamales as Bashar al-Assad and Bernie Madoff. "Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side," the site quipped, "Kim made this newspaper’s editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and, of course, that famous smile." It was a good joke, but now it's a great joke, thanks to China's state-run newspaper, People's Daily, which reported it like it was the real deal. And what China's paper lacked in fact-checking, they more than made up for with a 55-page slideshow of Kim Jong Un being a heartthrob ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > ‘Fixer Upper’ Couple: ‘Our Family Has Made a Commitment to Put Christ First’
- > What the Bible Says About How to Treat Refugees
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Report: Justin Bieber Turned a Concert into a Church Service
- > The Definitive Ranking of Insanely Awesome Christian Album Covers
- > A 'Friday Night Lights' Musical is Coming
- > 5 Black Lives Matter Demonstrators Were Shot in Minneapolis Last Night
- > Officer Charged with Murder for Shooting Black Teen 16 Times
- > Netflix to Release an Original Indie Film Written by Bob Odenkirk
- > White Christians Are No Longer the Majority in the U.S.