One Nation, Slightly Divisible
How's everybody doing out there? Having a good day? Getting ready for Thanksgiving? Thinking about seceding from the Union? According to the Daily Caller, you're not alone.
... petitions from seven states have collected enough signatures to trigger a promised review from the Obama administration. By 6:00 a.m. EST Wednesday, more than 675,000 digital signatures appeared on 69 separate secession petitions covering all 50 states, according to a Daily Caller analysis of requests lodged with the White House’s “We the People” online petition system. A petition from Vermont, where talk of secession is a regular feature of political life, was the final entry.
You know what they say. If you can't take the heat, start your own country. Obviously, anyone's free to sign a petition who wants to, but you have to wonder if these people have thought through seceding completely. Once you secede from the Union, can you even celebrate Thanksgiving? Has anyone started thinking about that? ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > Netflix Is Now Allowing '13th' to Be Screened in Public Even Without a Subscription
- > Watch Chance the Rapper’s Worshipful Grammy Performance
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > I’m Single. Stop Pitying Me on Valentine’s Day
- > And Just Like That, Taco Bell's Meat Tortilla Is Leaving
- > This Lake With a Giant Hole in It Is Surreal Looking
- > This Website Predicts 2017 Is the End
- > Watch Sen. James Lankford Explain Why Religious Freedom Must Apply to All Religions
- > Protest Breaks Out After Officer Pulls Gun on Teens for Allegedly Walking Across His Lawn