Olympic Star Charged With Killing His Girlfriend
South African Olympic and Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius has been charged for the murder of his girlfriend. Police say they received a call in the middle of the night about a shooting at the home of the 26-year-old. When they entered the home, they found paramedics unsuccessfully attempting to revive Pistorius' 29-year-old girlfriend, model Reeva Steenkamp. Though there are reports that Pistorius may have mistaken her for an intruder, police say there have been previous domestic incidents at the home and reports of shouting prior to the shooting. Pistorius, who has two carbon fiber prosthetic blades from the knee-down, rose to international fame when he became the first double-leg amputee to participate at the Olympic level. The “Blade Runner” also took home three medals in the 2012 Paralympics …
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > What the Continued Crucifying Of Rob Bell Says About Modern Christianity