Oh, Yeah, the Whole Fiscal Cliff Thing
The sobering wake of the Newtown tragedies leaves news about the fiscal cliff seeming positively trivial in comparison, but it's returned to the forefront of our nations' leaders time. House Speaker John Boehner and Time magazine "Person of the Year" Barack Obama continue to lock horns over what cocktail of spending cuts and tax hikes will keep everyone happy and avoid sending our nation plummeting over the edge of a financial canyon that will send us all back into the recession we only just kind of escaped from. Boehner has proposed what he's calling a "Plan B," which would extend the Bush tax cuts on income up to $1 million. Democrats say that deal would have a minimal change on the deficit and that broader compromises are in order. The whole thing sounds very complicated, but the important thing is that our leaders are getting back to doing what they do best: arguing ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer Team Up For A New Film
- > Biebs Is Bringing Back the WWJD Bracelet
- > Just Try to Contain Your Excitement: There’s a New Album on the Way From Adele
- > Behind-the-Scenes of ‘Captive’: The Story of the ‘Purpose Driven Life’ Hostage Stand-off
- > Trippy New PSA Uses Internet Memes to Warn of the Dangers of Smoking