Oh, Cool, the U.S. Postal Service Is Launching a Fashion Line
Over the past 50 years, most of the major fashion innovations have come from the United States Postal Service. That may not be totally true, but fashion is a weird world, so it's possible. The point is, the USPS has finally started getting its hands into the same game that has so often emulated them, and is launching its own men's fashion line. The venture will be called "Rain Heat & Snow" and will focus largely on "smart apparel," utilizing gadgetry and electronics to make the mailman in all of us come alive. The Postal Service won't actually have to pay to make the threads (not that they could afford to if they wanted), but they will get a cut of the profits, which will doubtless be huge. USPS corporate licensing manager Steven Mills said, "This agreement will put the Postal Service on the cutting edge of functional fashion," as if it was ever anywhere else. A clothing company in Cleveland called the Wahconah Group will be making the threads ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Let These ‘Auctioneer Beats’ Vines Provide the Soundtrack to Your Tuesday
- > Americans Now Spend More Than 10 Hours Every Day Consuming Media
- > Read This Account of Tim Tebow Praying During an In-Flight Medical Emergency
- > Aziz Ansari: Trump's Anti-Muslim Rhetoric Makes Me Scared for My Family
- > Supreme Court Blocks Texas Regulations on Abortion Clinics