Obama Will Return 5% of His Salary
In a gesture of solidarity with federal workers who are being affected by the sequester, the White House announced that President Barack Obama will be giving back 5% of his salary—the approximate amount of pay being cut from nondefense federal agencies. “The president has decided that to share in the sacrifice being made by public servants across the federal government that are affected by the sequester, he will contribute a portion of his salary back to the Treasury,” an official explained. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter will also be giving back portions of their salaries ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > An ISIS Supporter Threatened to Open Fire on a Megachurch
- > It’s Team Captain America vs. Team Iron Man in This New ‘Civil War’ Trailer
- > Kanye West on New Album: It’s Gospel with a Lot of Cursing
- > What Happens to This Prediction Linking Revival to a Panthers Super Bowl Victory?
- > Update: Wheaton College Asks for Controversial Prof's Forgiveness