Obama Unveils Sweeping Gun Violence Proposals
President Barack Obama unveiled his proposal to curtail gun violence today, in the most sweeping set of measures called for in 20 years. After meeting with 229 groups on all sides of the gun control issue, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden called for a broad series of changes, including universal background checks on all gun buyers and limiting magazine capacities to 10 rounds. They also proposed new programs devoted to upgrading school safety and identifying mental illness earlier. The proposals will face a tough road ahead with a Republican-run House and Washington's famously powerful gun lobby ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.
- > Outrageous: Man Burned By Fajitas While Praying Can't Sue Applebee's
- > U.S. Concerned about North Korean Nukes
- > Milk that Tastes Like Peeps Is the Ultimate Easter Beverage
- > The Smithsonian and Stan Lee Are Offering an Online Superhero Course