Obama Unveils Sweeping Gun Violence Proposals
President Barack Obama unveiled his proposal to curtail gun violence today, in the most sweeping set of measures called for in 20 years. After meeting with 229 groups on all sides of the gun control issue, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden called for a broad series of changes, including universal background checks on all gun buyers and limiting magazine capacities to 10 rounds. They also proposed new programs devoted to upgrading school safety and identifying mental illness earlier. The proposals will face a tough road ahead with a Republican-run House and Washington's famously powerful gun lobby ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Peak Summer Stargazing Season Starts Tonight
- > 'Story of God with Morgan Freeman' Gets a Season 2
- > Here’s a Look at the New Season of ‘Gilmore Girls’
- > Chris Pratt Asks Twitter Followers to Pray for a Fan’s Young Son Suffering From Brain Cancer
- > Apple Music Will Be the Home to the ‘Carpool Karaoke' Series