Obama Unveils Sweeping Gun Violence Proposals
President Barack Obama unveiled his proposal to curtail gun violence today, in the most sweeping set of measures called for in 20 years. After meeting with 229 groups on all sides of the gun control issue, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden called for a broad series of changes, including universal background checks on all gun buyers and limiting magazine capacities to 10 rounds. They also proposed new programs devoted to upgrading school safety and identifying mental illness earlier. The proposals will face a tough road ahead with a Republican-run House and Washington's famously powerful gun lobby ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- California Is About to Raise the Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping to 213
- Remembering the Time Woody Allen Debated Billy Graham About God and Sex in Primetime671
- Drake Is Going to Host and Perform as a Musical Guest on May 14’s ‘SNL’56
- The Faith-Shaking Experience of Losing Debates About the Bible296
- > California Is About to Raise the Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping to 21
- > Drake Is Going to Host and Perform as a Musical Guest on May 14’s ‘SNL’
- > Lecrae Talks About His Song 'Deja Vu' on 'Fallon'
- > Enjoy This Dance-Inspired ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Remix
- > Report: Lebron’s ‘Space Jam 2’ Is Finally Happening