Obama Unveils Sweeping Gun Violence Proposals
President Barack Obama unveiled his proposal to curtail gun violence today, in the most sweeping set of measures called for in 20 years. After meeting with 229 groups on all sides of the gun control issue, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden called for a broad series of changes, including universal background checks on all gun buyers and limiting magazine capacities to 10 rounds. They also proposed new programs devoted to upgrading school safety and identifying mental illness earlier. The proposals will face a tough road ahead with a Republican-run House and Washington's famously powerful gun lobby ...
Recommended For You
- > Teaser: Netflix's New Original Series, 'Bloodline'.
- > OK. Fine. Katy Perry's Halloween Costume Is Great.
- > Another Day, Another New Harry Potter Story from JK Rowling
- > Homemade Transformers Halloween Costumes Show the True Possibilities of Cardboard and Glue
- > Myanmar Leadership Host Rare Meetings with Activist Aung San Suu Kyi