Obama Unveils Sweeping Gun Violence Proposals
President Barack Obama unveiled his proposal to curtail gun violence today, in the most sweeping set of measures called for in 20 years. After meeting with 229 groups on all sides of the gun control issue, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden called for a broad series of changes, including universal background checks on all gun buyers and limiting magazine capacities to 10 rounds. They also proposed new programs devoted to upgrading school safety and identifying mental illness earlier. The proposals will face a tough road ahead with a Republican-run House and Washington's famously powerful gun lobby ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Duplass Brothers Are Writing a Probably Socially Awkward Book
- > Lionsgate Films Apologizes for the Lack of Diversity in ‘Gods of Egypt’
- > President Obama Pledges to Fight Climate Change at UN Conference
- > Activist Group Is Shaming Racists By Putting Their Hateful Tweets on Billboards
- > Officer Who Shot Chicago Teen 17 Times Is Now Out on Bail