Obama Says Agreement over Fiscal Cliff Is 'In Sight'
Well, it looks like President Obama will be ringing in the new year by running more numbers in Washington, D.C. After prolonged debate and negotiation, Obama gave a public update at 1:30 p.m. today to say that although the deal has not yet been sealed, the fiscal cliff agreement is “within sight.” The president did not altogether hide his impatience with Congress in his report. Yet he maintained he is hopeful Congress will arrive on an agreement that will increase taxes on the top 2 percent of wealthy Americans, while preventing a tax hike for middle-class citizens. Meanwhile, the clock continues to count down on the eve of a new year and the verge of the fiscal cliff ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal