Obama Says Agreement over Fiscal Cliff Is 'In Sight'
Well, it looks like President Obama will be ringing in the new year by running more numbers in Washington, D.C. After prolonged debate and negotiation, Obama gave a public update at 1:30 p.m. today to say that although the deal has not yet been sealed, the fiscal cliff agreement is “within sight.” The president did not altogether hide his impatience with Congress in his report. Yet he maintained he is hopeful Congress will arrive on an agreement that will increase taxes on the top 2 percent of wealthy Americans, while preventing a tax hike for middle-class citizens. Meanwhile, the clock continues to count down on the eve of a new year and the verge of the fiscal cliff ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?