Obama Says Agreement over Fiscal Cliff Is 'In Sight'
Well, it looks like President Obama will be ringing in the new year by running more numbers in Washington, D.C. After prolonged debate and negotiation, Obama gave a public update at 1:30 p.m. today to say that although the deal has not yet been sealed, the fiscal cliff agreement is “within sight.” The president did not altogether hide his impatience with Congress in his report. Yet he maintained he is hopeful Congress will arrive on an agreement that will increase taxes on the top 2 percent of wealthy Americans, while preventing a tax hike for middle-class citizens. Meanwhile, the clock continues to count down on the eve of a new year and the verge of the fiscal cliff ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- Report: Lebron’s ‘Space Jam 2’ Is Finally Happening4
- Justice Department: North Carolina’s ‘Bathroom Bill’ Violates the Civil Rights Act39
- Fox Is Making a Talk Show Hosted By Megachurch Pastors Called ‘The Preachers’395
- Two Biotech Companies Are Going to Start Experimenting with ‘Brain Death Reversal’5
- > Enjoy This Dance-Inspired ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Remix
- > Report: Lebron’s ‘Space Jam 2’ Is Finally Happening
- > Watch a Dude Pop a Huge Balloon—While Standing Inside of It—In Slow Motion
- > Justice Department: North Carolina’s ‘Bathroom Bill’ Violates the Civil Rights Act
- > Fox Is Making a Talk Show Hosted By Megachurch Pastors Called ‘The Preachers’