Obama Says Agreement over Fiscal Cliff Is 'In Sight'
Well, it looks like President Obama will be ringing in the new year by running more numbers in Washington, D.C. After prolonged debate and negotiation, Obama gave a public update at 1:30 p.m. today to say that although the deal has not yet been sealed, the fiscal cliff agreement is “within sight.” The president did not altogether hide his impatience with Congress in his report. Yet he maintained he is hopeful Congress will arrive on an agreement that will increase taxes on the top 2 percent of wealthy Americans, while preventing a tax hike for middle-class citizens. Meanwhile, the clock continues to count down on the eve of a new year and the verge of the fiscal cliff ...
Recommended For You
- > Almost Half of the Syrian Population Is Now Displaced
- > Bill Murray Took Tickets at a Minor League Baseball Game This Week
- > Officials in Missouri Are Being Sued for $40 Million Following Ferguson Crackdown
- > Here’s a Look at Google’s Drone Delivery System, Project Wing
- > ‘Simpsons’ Mini-Marathons Will Be a Part of FXX’s Daily Lineup Moving Forward