Obama Put God and Jerusalem Back Into the Democratic Party Platform
The AP is reporting that after the Democratic Party's highly publicized removal of mentions of both God and Jerusalem from the official party platform, President Barack Obama intervened and insisted that both be worked back in. After the president's alleged intervention, the platform was changed to include this sentence: "We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values and interests of working people and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential." The platform now also affirms a belief that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel ...
Recommended For You
- > Meet the Chestnut Praline Latte, Starbucks' First New Drink in 5 Years
- > Amy Poehler's Next Project: A Church-Themed Comedy
- > CDC Says NBC Cameraman Is Now Ebola-Free
- > Renee Zellweger Will Star in a Movie Based on a Book from ‘Heaven Is For Real’ Author
- > American Detained in North Korea for Leaving Bible at Club Has Been Freed