Obama Put God and Jerusalem Back Into the Democratic Party Platform
The AP is reporting that after the Democratic Party's highly publicized removal of mentions of both God and Jerusalem from the official party platform, President Barack Obama intervened and insisted that both be worked back in. After the president's alleged intervention, the platform was changed to include this sentence: "We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values and interests of working people and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential." The platform now also affirms a belief that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > You’ll Soon be Able to Get Your Own High-Tech Virtual Reality Headset
- > Pope Francis is Now an Honorary Member of the Harlem Globetrotters
- > Here’s Rick Warren Speaking at the Senate Hearing on Global Health Problems
- > Watch this Illustrator Reproduce Iconic Logos By Hand
- > A New ‘Indiana Jones’ Movie Is Coming