Obama Meets with Palestinian Leaders
President Obama appeared alongside Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas in a visit to the West Bank Thursday, telling reporters that he is still committed to aiding in peace talks in the region. Though he said that he did not consider continued construction of Israeli settlements in the region to be “constructive” or “appropriate”, President Obama said he does not think the issue should be a precondition to a new round of peace negotiations. He also said that he believed a two-state solution is still possible. The issue of new Israeli settlements in the West Bank has been a major sticking point between the two sides. Also on Thursday, Palestinian militants fired a new round of rocket attacks from Gaza into southern Israel. Though a home was damaged, no one was injured in the attack …
Recommended For You
- > This Bionic Eye Partially Restored Site to a Man That’s Been Blind for Decades
- > The New ‘Simpsons World’ App Launches Today
- > The 'God's Not Dead' Sequel You've Always Wanted Is Finally Happening
- > The World Is a Vampire: Scientist Encounters 'Puppy-Sized' Spider
- > Will Idaho Pastors Be Forced to Conduct Same-Sex Weddings?