Obama Meets with Palestinian Leaders
President Obama appeared alongside Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas in a visit to the West Bank Thursday, telling reporters that he is still committed to aiding in peace talks in the region. Though he said that he did not consider continued construction of Israeli settlements in the region to be “constructive” or “appropriate”, President Obama said he does not think the issue should be a precondition to a new round of peace negotiations. He also said that he believed a two-state solution is still possible. The issue of new Israeli settlements in the West Bank has been a major sticking point between the two sides. Also on Thursday, Palestinian militants fired a new round of rocket attacks from Gaza into southern Israel. Though a home was damaged, no one was injured in the attack …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > A Canadian Pastor Has Gone Missing While Doing Humanitarian Work in North Korea
- > Finally, We Know What 'X-Men' Would Look Like if It Were Directed by Wes Anderson
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State