Obama: Fiscal Cliff Talks Were 'Constructive'
President Obama met with majority leaders today to discuss the fiscal cliff crisis that takes effect three days from now, and in a press conference immediately following said he was "modestly optimistic" that the crisis could be averted. Should negotiations between Republicans and Democrats prove ineffective in the next few days, President Obama has tasked Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., to place a bill before the House and Senate that allows an up-or-down vote. The bill would seek to extend unemployment benefits to unemployed Americans with income less than $250,000, decrease spending in "responsible" ways and increase taxes on those making $250,000 or more ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Why I Go To Church Even When I Don’t Feel Like It
- > Candace Cameron Bure Is the Newest Co-Host of ‘The View’
- > 3 Ways Christians Turn People Off from Church
- > Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack
- > Prosecutors in L.A. Are Now Reviewing Criminal Case Against Bill Cosy
- > An Animated Ghostbusters Movie May Also Soon Be in the Works
- > Watching Jell-O Being Smacked with a Tennis Racket in Slow Motion Is Surprisingly Satisfying
- > Report: Army Vet Shot 7 Times While Charging at Oregon Gunman
- > This Pizza Pouch Will Prevent All of Your Pizza Emergencies