Obama: Fiscal Cliff Talks Were 'Constructive'
President Obama met with majority leaders today to discuss the fiscal cliff crisis that takes effect three days from now, and in a press conference immediately following said he was "modestly optimistic" that the crisis could be averted. Should negotiations between Republicans and Democrats prove ineffective in the next few days, President Obama has tasked Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., to place a bill before the House and Senate that allows an up-or-down vote. The bill would seek to extend unemployment benefits to unemployed Americans with income less than $250,000, decrease spending in "responsible" ways and increase taxes on those making $250,000 or more ...
Recommended For You
- > Explore the Many Personalities of Taylor Swift In This Montage
- > Just When You Thought Your Ears Were Safe, Nickelback Announces a New Album
- > Benedict Cumberbatch Will Play Shere Khan in Other 'Jungle Book' Movie
- > Pope Francis Discusses Health and Possibility of Retirement
- > Gaza Ceasefire Breaks Down