Obama: Fiscal Cliff Talks Were 'Constructive'
President Obama met with majority leaders today to discuss the fiscal cliff crisis that takes effect three days from now, and in a press conference immediately following said he was "modestly optimistic" that the crisis could be averted. Should negotiations between Republicans and Democrats prove ineffective in the next few days, President Obama has tasked Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., to place a bill before the House and Senate that allows an up-or-down vote. The bill would seek to extend unemployment benefits to unemployed Americans with income less than $250,000, decrease spending in "responsible" ways and increase taxes on those making $250,000 or more ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Michigan Township Passes Resolution to Refuse Refugees
- > New Study Suggests Parents Co-Sleep With Their Babies for at Least a Year
- > Mediterranean Sea is 3 Times Deadlier for Refugees This Year
- > This Dad Photoshops Real Animals So They Look Like His 6-Year-Old’s Drawings
- > The Trailer for Netflix's 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Is Finally Here