The NRA's New Ad Isn't Going Over Very Well
President Barack Obama will be unveiling his new plan to address gun violence later today, but the NRA has launched a pre-emptive strike, calling him out as an "elitist hypocrite" for getting a security detail for his daughters. The ad is garnering widespread criticism for drawing Obama's family into the fray. David Frum, a former speechwriter for President George W. Bush, blogged, “Generally speaking, a president’s family should not be subject to political criticism. That rule was honorably upheld in the case of the Bush daughters, who grew into fine young people, and the rule should be same for the Obama daughters - especially if it’s true, as has been widely reported, that this first family has faced a unique degree of threat” ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > A '20/20' Special Will Look at an American Hostage Captured By ISIS for Her Christian Faith
- > 28 More Companies Sign White House Pledge to Close Gender Wage Gap
- > An Artist Left a Gown in the Dead Sea and It Came Out Even More Beautiful
- > Worldwide Outrage Causes France to Overturn Burkini Ban
- > 2 Mississippi Nuns Found Dead in Their Home, Community Reacts