The NRA's Big Announcement: More Guns
The National Rifle Association's big announcement today was to inform everyone that Mortal Combat, Grand Theft Auto, violent movies, the news media, gun-free school zones, Obama, music videos, the mentally ill, celebrities, sporting events and gun control—almost everything except guns—are to blame for the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary. NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre was unapologetically defiant in the face of calls for increased gun control and assault weapons bans, saying, "The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns." While applauding teachers for doing everything that they could, LaPierre asked audiences to imagine how things might have gone differently if the school had been policed by armed personnel. As a response, LaPierre asked Congress to appropriate funds to put a police officer in every single school in the country. He was interrupted twice by protesters, one of whom shouted insistently, "The NRA has blood on its hands" ...
Recommended For You
- > Map Shows America’s ‘Happiest’ and ‘Unhappiest’ Cities
- > ‘Bibliotheca’ Project Seeks to Redesign the Bible as a Work of ‘Great Literary Art’
- > Prisoner's Lethal Injection Execution Lasted Nearly Two Hours
- > Here’s What a Real-Life Darth Vadar Car Looks Like
- > In Honor of 'Batman Day', Here's the Newest Animated 'Batman' Short