The NRA's Big Announcement: More Guns
The National Rifle Association's big announcement today was to inform everyone that Mortal Combat, Grand Theft Auto, violent movies, the news media, gun-free school zones, Obama, music videos, the mentally ill, celebrities, sporting events and gun control—almost everything except guns—are to blame for the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary. NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre was unapologetically defiant in the face of calls for increased gun control and assault weapons bans, saying, "The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns." While applauding teachers for doing everything that they could, LaPierre asked audiences to imagine how things might have gone differently if the school had been policed by armed personnel. As a response, LaPierre asked Congress to appropriate funds to put a police officer in every single school in the country. He was interrupted twice by protesters, one of whom shouted insistently, "The NRA has blood on its hands" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Hear the Spoken-Word Harvard Graduation Speech Everyone Is Talking About
- > Tragedy: Migrant Death Toll Has Surpassed 1,000 in the Last Week
- > Netanyahu: Israel Is ‘Willing to Negotiate with the Arab States’ For a Two-State Solution
- > Some Zookeepers Strapped a GoPro on Top of a Cheetah, And It Turned Out Pretty Cool
- > Watch Bono Join Bruce Springsteen On Stage to Cover ‘Because the Night’