The NRA Promises Some Sort of Big Announcement on Friday
The National Rifle Association, which went totally silent following the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, released a statement on their newly reactivated Facebook page, saying:
The NRA is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters—and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown. Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting. The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.
As of this writing, there are over 4000 comments on that Facebook post and, as you might expect, it makes for some just charming reading. Just a bunch of adults engaging in meaningful dialogue about an important, sensitive topic. Anyway, the NRA has scheduled a press conference in Washington, D.C., on Friday, in which they plan to announce the details of their "meaningful contributions" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Study: 95% of State and Local Prosecutors Are White
- > Japan and the U.S. Are Going to Face Off in a Robot Battle
- > Cosby Admits to Acquiring Sedatives with the Intention of Drugging a Woman for Sex
- > Evidently, Piloting a Lawn Chair with Dozens of Helium Balloons Is Now Illegal in Canada
- > ISIS Stages Mass Execution with What Appear to Be Child Fighters