The NRA Promises Some Sort of Big Announcement on Friday
The National Rifle Association, which went totally silent following the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, released a statement on their newly reactivated Facebook page, saying:
The NRA is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters—and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown. Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting. The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.
As of this writing, there are over 4000 comments on that Facebook post and, as you might expect, it makes for some just charming reading. Just a bunch of adults engaging in meaningful dialogue about an important, sensitive topic. Anyway, the NRA has scheduled a press conference in Washington, D.C., on Friday, in which they plan to announce the details of their "meaningful contributions" ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?