The NRA Promises Some Sort of Big Announcement on Friday
The National Rifle Association, which went totally silent following the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, released a statement on their newly reactivated Facebook page, saying:
The NRA is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters—and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown. Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting. The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.
As of this writing, there are over 4000 comments on that Facebook post and, as you might expect, it makes for some just charming reading. Just a bunch of adults engaging in meaningful dialogue about an important, sensitive topic. Anyway, the NRA has scheduled a press conference in Washington, D.C., on Friday, in which they plan to announce the details of their "meaningful contributions" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President