The NRA Promises Some Sort of Big Announcement on Friday
The National Rifle Association, which went totally silent following the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, released a statement on their newly reactivated Facebook page, saying:
The NRA is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters—and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown. Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting. The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.
As of this writing, there are over 4000 comments on that Facebook post and, as you might expect, it makes for some just charming reading. Just a bunch of adults engaging in meaningful dialogue about an important, sensitive topic. Anyway, the NRA has scheduled a press conference in Washington, D.C., on Friday, in which they plan to announce the details of their "meaningful contributions" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- A Revolutionary New Wheelchair Is Changing Lives in Developing Countries2
- Taco Bell Is Now Putting Kit Kat Bars Inside of Quesadillas, Clearly No Longer Cares197
- The UN Just Secured Freedom for 876 Children Who Were Detained by Nigeria's Military53
- The FBI Just Announced It's Reopening Its Investigation into Hillary Clinton’s Emails 476
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > A Revolutionary New Wheelchair Is Changing Lives in Developing Countries
- > Taco Bell Is Now Putting Kit Kat Bars Inside of Quesadillas, Clearly No Longer Cares
- > The UN Just Secured Freedom for 876 Children Who Were Detained by Nigeria's Military
- > The FBI Just Announced It's Reopening Its Investigation into Hillary Clinton’s Emails
- > Gender Gap Report: Women Work More Than Men, Paid Less