Now Twitter Wants to Start Tracking Your Every Move Too
In the early days of the Internet, you were your own person, roaming free and wild across the vast expanse of the World Wide Web without a care in the world. But with this frontier, as any other, the more crowded it gets, the more you have to start watching your back. You've got a new stalker in Twitter, who wants to start collecting data from the different websites you're visiting in order to target you with better ads. Well, it's nothing that Facebook isn't already doing, and Twitter is at least being upfront about it. Actually, they're letting you opt out too (Lifehacker has a good breakdown on how to block them) but it's a good reminder that this isn't the Wild West anymore, but a bustling city—and like most cities, there are eyes everywhere ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Apple Music Will Be the Home to the ‘Carpool Karaoke' Series
- > Scientists Just Figured Out How to Filter Urine Into Drinkable Water
- > ISIS Just Killed 44 Residents of a Kurdish Town in Syria
- > State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial
- > All Charges Were Dropped Against the Anti-Abortion Activists Who Filmed Themselves at Planned Parenthood