North Korea Update: All Male Students Required to Have Kim Jong-un's Haircut
These days, the news that comes out of North Korea is about 10 percent bizarre and 90 percent devastating. This falls into the "bizarre" category, with recent reports that Kim Jong-un has determined that all male students must have his haircut. It may not be all that much of a transition for North Korea, where men have traditionally only been allowed to choose from one of ten "approved" haircuts. But, even that limited amount of individuality is now out the door. However, in what seems to be an extremely rare move, North Koreans are actually voicing some dissension over this one.
"Our leader's haircut is very particular, if you will," an anonymous source told Radio Free Asia, in a nice bit of linguistic diplomacy. "It doesn't always go with everyone since everyone has different face and head shapes." That might be putting it mildly. According to the BBC, until Kim Jong-un and his hair came to power, the haircut was known (apparently in a bit of racially tinged jest) as the "Chinese smuggler haircut" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- Trump and Clinton Took Turns Zinging Each Other at a Catholic Charity Event9
- A Previously Unfinished Love Story by JRR Tolkien Will Be Published Next Year1,153
- Lecrae on Racial Injustice: 'As I Shared My Heart, My Supporters Turned on Me'3,360
- Bob Dylan May Soon Release a ‘Bootleg’ Album of Christian Music 1,030
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > Trump and Clinton Took Turns Zinging Each Other at a Catholic Charity Event
- > A Previously Unfinished Love Story by JRR Tolkien Will Be Published Next Year
- > Lecrae on Racial Injustice: 'As I Shared My Heart, My Supporters Turned on Me'
- > Bob Dylan May Soon Release a ‘Bootleg’ Album of Christian Music
- > And Now, Here's James Corden Re-enacting Famous Tom Cruise Movie Scenes