North Korea Update: All Male Students Required to Have Kim Jong-un's Haircut
These days, the news that comes out of North Korea is about 10 percent bizarre and 90 percent devastating. This falls into the "bizarre" category, with recent reports that Kim Jong-un has determined that all male students must have his haircut. It may not be all that much of a transition for North Korea, where men have traditionally only been allowed to choose from one of ten "approved" haircuts. But, even that limited amount of individuality is now out the door. However, in what seems to be an extremely rare move, North Koreans are actually voicing some dissension over this one.
"Our leader's haircut is very particular, if you will," an anonymous source told Radio Free Asia, in a nice bit of linguistic diplomacy. "It doesn't always go with everyone since everyone has different face and head shapes." That might be putting it mildly. According to the BBC, until Kim Jong-un and his hair came to power, the haircut was known (apparently in a bit of racially tinged jest) as the "Chinese smuggler haircut" ...
Recommended For You
- > Ridley Scott Responds to the ‘Exodus’ Casting Controversy
- > André 3000 May Retire From Hip-Hop Next Year
- > ISIS Has Beheaded Another American Journalist
- > Sneezy the Squirrel Vying for Mascot Status at Penn State
- > Members of Bon Iver, The Strokes, and Arcade Fire Will Play in an Epic Charity Basketball Game