North Korea Is Planning an (Unlikely) Attack on American Cities
Just a day after the U.S. ordered a stealth bomber fly-over of the Korean Peninsula in a “deterrence mission,” North Korea is now reportedly planning an attack on the United States. Images that ran in the state-run newspaper show dictator Kim Jong Un signing a military plan in front of a map titled, "Plan for the strategic forces to target mainland U.S.” The map also clearly shows missiles with arrows pointing to Hawaii, Washington D.C., Los Angeles and Austin, Texas.
Despite the string of recent threats, there is likely no reason to be concerned about North Korea’s ability to attack the United States. Security expert James Hardy told CNN, “The fact is that despite the bombast, and unless there has been a miraculous turnaround among North Korea's strategic forces, there is little to no chance that it could successfully land a missile on Guam, Hawaii or anywhere else outside the Korean Peninsula that U.S. forces may be stationed" …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin