North Korea Actually Got Its Rocket Into Space
Well, didn't see that one coming. After a full decade of half-hearted, sputtering hunks of junk that got lobbed toward orbit and sort of sputtered into the ocean, The World's Sexiest Man did what his father never could and seems to have gotten a satellite into orbit. It's a big win for Kim Jong-Un, although it managed to infuriate just about everyone who isn't North Korea. Officially, the nation is banned from this sort of thing by the UN, but North Korea's never been much of a team player when it comes to acting in international solidarity or abiding by the basic rules of reality. U.S. National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor said the the launch was a "highly provocative act that threatens regional security." South Korea, Japan, Britain and even China got on board, as well, expressing concern and posing the possibility of sanctions ...
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > When Risking it All for God Means Staying Where You Are
- > This WWI Christmas Ad Is the Best Commercial You’ll See Today
- > Top Theater Chains Cancel Showings of ‘The Interview’ After Hacker Threats
- > Video Shows Just How Much Megatron Hates Selfies
- > The New Season of ‘Parks and Rec’ Will Take Place in the Future
- > Here's the First Preview for the Colbert Show Replacement, 'The Nightly Show'
- > Horrible Details of the Taliban's School Attack Emerge