North Korea Actually Got Its Rocket Into Space
Well, didn't see that one coming. After a full decade of half-hearted, sputtering hunks of junk that got lobbed toward orbit and sort of sputtered into the ocean, The World's Sexiest Man did what his father never could and seems to have gotten a satellite into orbit. It's a big win for Kim Jong-Un, although it managed to infuriate just about everyone who isn't North Korea. Officially, the nation is banned from this sort of thing by the UN, but North Korea's never been much of a team player when it comes to acting in international solidarity or abiding by the basic rules of reality. U.S. National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor said the the launch was a "highly provocative act that threatens regional security." South Korea, Japan, Britain and even China got on board, as well, expressing concern and posing the possibility of sanctions ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > You’ll Soon be Able to Get Your Own High-Tech Virtual Reality Headset
- > Pope Francis is Now an Honorary Member of the Harlem Globetrotters
- > Here’s Rick Warren Speaking at the Senate Hearing on Global Health Problems
- > Watch this Illustrator Reproduce Iconic Logos By Hand
- > A New ‘Indiana Jones’ Movie Is Coming