North Korea Actually Does Something Right
Okay, so, overturning an old law that forbids women from riding bicycles may not exactly be a giant leap forward for human rights, but from North Korea, it might as well be the Emancipation Proclamation. The law—first imposed the law in the early 1990s, following an accident that involved a woman on a bike— meant that any woman seen riding could be fined up to 5000 North Korean Won (about $40.) It was not heavily enforced outside the capital city, but Kim Jong Un's decision to completely reverse it shows an unusual amount of reflection and forward thinking for a country that's mostly noted for being a land where freedom goes to die ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > President Obama Shortened 111 More Prison Sentences
- > Listen to Kirk Franklin and Pharrell Discuss Worship, Faith, Church and the Holy Spirit
- > Hear ColdPlay’s Brief But Beautiful Tribute to Gene Wilder
- > Jimmy Eat World Has Released Another New Song
- > James Corden Told a Really Nice Story About Gene Wilder Last Night