No, Nobody's Discovered a New Eyewitness Account of Jesus' Miracles
Another day, another dumb fake news site getting its ill-gotten clicks by exploiting the natural human desire to trust his fellow man. Time was, reporting the news was an honorable profession in which great journalists took joy in informing the public of the truth. Today, any joker with a router can pass off "the truth" as a modern way to crank call millions with downright cruel chicanery. One of the most egregious peddlers of these pranks is World News Daily Report, who recently posted an article titled "Newly-Found Document Holds Eyewitness Account of Jesus Performing Miracle." If the unnecessary hyphen wasn't enough to tip you off, the story is a total fake. The picture used is actually from Wikipedia's article on the Vindolanda tablets. The alleged historian who found the mystical document, Ignazio Perrucci, is not real.
This hasn't stopped several sites from reporting the story as fact and some 25,000 people from sharing it on Facebook. If you see any of them, kindly inform them that the story is untrue ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Chris Pratt Asks Twitter Followers to Pray for a Fan’s Young Son Suffering From Brain Cancer
- > Apple Music Will Be the Home to the ‘Carpool Karaoke' Series
- > Scientists Just Figured Out How to Filter Urine Into Drinkable Water
- > ISIS Just Killed 44 Residents of a Kurdish Town in Syria
- > State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial