No, Nobody's Discovered a New Eyewitness Account of Jesus' Miracles
Another day, another dumb fake news site getting its ill-gotten clicks by exploiting the natural human desire to trust his fellow man. Time was, reporting the news was an honorable profession in which great journalists took joy in informing the public of the truth. Today, any joker with a router can pass off "the truth" as a modern way to crank call millions with downright cruel chicanery. One of the most egregious peddlers of these pranks is World News Daily Report, who recently posted an article titled "Newly-Found Document Holds Eyewitness Account of Jesus Performing Miracle." If the unnecessary hyphen wasn't enough to tip you off, the story is a total fake. The picture used is actually from Wikipedia's article on the Vindolanda tablets. The alleged historian who found the mystical document, Ignazio Perrucci, is not real.
This hasn't stopped several sites from reporting the story as fact and some 25,000 people from sharing it on Facebook. If you see any of them, kindly inform them that the story is untrue ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > FXX Is Airing a 600-Episode Long ‘Simpsons’ Marathon in November
- > New ‘SNL’ Cast Member Just Deleted Some Old Offensive Tweets
- > Andy Mineo Releases a Music Video for Deaf Fans
- > Family of Keith Scott Releases Video of Shooting
- > Charlotte Police Refuse to Release Shooting Video, Say It’s Not ‘Definitive’