No More Working Remotely for Yahoo Employees
Yahoo, a company that remains the world's third most popular website somehow, has instituted a massive change in their policy by requiring all Yahoo employees to work in the office. Their CEO, Marissa Mayer, has instituted a few changes to turn Yahoo's ship around, but this is by far the biggest and most sweeping one. It's choosing to swim against the tide for the company (not to mention a recent article from our print publication), since modern convention dictates that you can work from just about anywhere. Yahoo's Head of Human Resources Jackie Reses said, "To become the absolute best place to work, communication and collaboration will be important, so we need to be working side-by-side. That is why it is critical that we are all present in our offices. Some of the best decisions and insights come from hallway and cafeteria discussions, meeting new people, and impromptu team meetings. Speed and quality are often sacrificed when we work from home. We need to be one Yahoo!, and that starts with physically being together" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > The Mythbusters Are Going to Test Walt White’s Machine Gun with Vince Gilligan
- > Polygamists in Montana Apply for Marriage License
- > Here’s What It Would Look Like If You Could See All the Asteroids in the Sky
- > Mosque Raises Thousands to Help Vandalized Catholic Church
- > Happy July 4 Weekend, Here’s a Crow Riding a Bald Eagle