A 'New York Times' Writer Visits Hillsong NYC
Here’s a cool write-up on Hillsong NYC from The New York Times’ “The 6th Floor” blog. The piece’s writer, Max Chafkin, was invited to the service by charity:Water founder Scott Harrison, who he recently profiled for the paper’s Sunday magazine. In the piece, Chafkin says, “I was trying to understand Harrison’s journey from nightclub promoter to charismatic founder of Silicon Valley’s favorite cause, and also because, I mean, megachurch in Manhattan! Who knew such a thing existed here?” After the service ended, congregants were invited by one of the Hillsong leaders to stick around for the “Holy Spirit, after-party megaparty." Evidently, Chafkin enjoyed his time at the church. He closed the entry with this line: “I’m a Jew, raised by a family full of nonbelievers, but I have to admit, I was tempted” …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Fox Is Making a Talk Show Hosted By Megachurch Pastors Called ‘The Preachers’
- > Two Biotech Companies Are Going to Start Experimenting with ‘Brain Death Reversal’
- > Lecrae Performed with The Roots Last Night on 'The Tonight Show'
- > Hulu Landed Ron Howard’s New Documentary About The Beatles
- > John Kasich Is Calling It Quits, Trump Is Now Running Unopposed