A 'New York Times' Writer Visits Hillsong NYC
Here’s a cool write-up on Hillsong NYC from The New York Times’ “The 6th Floor” blog. The piece’s writer, Max Chafkin, was invited to the service by charity:Water founder Scott Harrison, who he recently profiled for the paper’s Sunday magazine. In the piece, Chafkin says, “I was trying to understand Harrison’s journey from nightclub promoter to charismatic founder of Silicon Valley’s favorite cause, and also because, I mean, megachurch in Manhattan! Who knew such a thing existed here?” After the service ended, congregants were invited by one of the Hillsong leaders to stick around for the “Holy Spirit, after-party megaparty." Evidently, Chafkin enjoyed his time at the church. He closed the entry with this line: “I’m a Jew, raised by a family full of nonbelievers, but I have to admit, I was tempted” …
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal