New York City's Long Love Affair With Supersized Drinks Comes to an End
New York City passed its ban on supersized drinks today, putting a 16-ounce cap on sodas and iced teas sold in sports venues, theaters and street carts. The ban passed in spite of a group that is actually calling itself "The New Yorkers for Beverage Choices" (perhaps the greatest name of all time?) who protested the act and promises to continue fighting the ban. "This is not the end," said Eliot Hoff, the group's spokesman, who has chosen the hill he is going to die on in this life. Everyone needs a cause ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > ISIS Stages Mass Execution with What Appear to Be Child Fighters
- > And Now, a Waterskiing Squirrel Filmed with a GoPro Camera
- > ‘A.D.: The Bible Continues’ Cancelled by NBC; Could Come Back Online
- > Discovery Channel Wants Fans of Non-Fictional Sharks to Watch Shark Week Again
- > Survey: 53% of Americans Think God Has a ‘Special Relationship’ with the U.S.A.