New York City's Long Love Affair With Supersized Drinks Comes to an End
New York City passed its ban on supersized drinks today, putting a 16-ounce cap on sodas and iced teas sold in sports venues, theaters and street carts. The ban passed in spite of a group that is actually calling itself "The New Yorkers for Beverage Choices" (perhaps the greatest name of all time?) who protested the act and promises to continue fighting the ban. "This is not the end," said Eliot Hoff, the group's spokesman, who has chosen the hill he is going to die on in this life. Everyone needs a cause ...
Recommended For You
- > GamerGate Continues to Be About Misogyny, Despite Its Best Efforts
- > The Perfect Crime: Texting Your Probation Officer for Weed
- > Study: Listening to Music While You Work Makes You More Efficient
- > South Korean KFC’s Version of the Double Down Is Terrifying
- > A Doctor in NYC Has Tested Positive for Ebola