A New Study Says Religious People Are Less Intelligent Than Atheists
Well, this ought to stir some debate. A study out of the University of Rochester has found a significant, negative correlation between religion and intelligence. The study has been stretching back over the past few decades, and following the lives of 1500 intellectually "gifted" people. Early results of the study suggested that intelligent people don't gravitate towards religion because they're uncomfortable with abstracts like faith and spirituality. However, more recent studies say that it's not quite that simple. The study seems to suggest that intelligent people often have an easier time acquiring emotional, social and financial success. The draw of religion—that it offers something better than this world can provide—just doesn't hold much appeal to them. It may well be this says less about the correlation of intelligence and religion than it does how religion is presented to people, and why they might reject it ...
Recommended For You
- > Found Footage of Brutal Murders Sets Off International Investigation
- > Missionary Who Contracted Ebola Is Being Discharged from Atlanta Hospital
- > Watch These Adorable Kids Reenact the Primetime Emmy Award Nominees
- > Someone Captured a Picture of Superman’s New Suit for ‘Batman v. Superman’
- > Report: Hamas Official Claims Group Is Responsible for the Kidnapping and Murder of 3 Israeli Teens