A New Study Says Religious People Are Less Intelligent Than Atheists
Well, this ought to stir some debate. A study out of the University of Rochester has found a significant, negative correlation between religion and intelligence. The study has been stretching back over the past few decades, and following the lives of 1500 intellectually "gifted" people. Early results of the study suggested that intelligent people don't gravitate towards religion because they're uncomfortable with abstracts like faith and spirituality. However, more recent studies say that it's not quite that simple. The study seems to suggest that intelligent people often have an easier time acquiring emotional, social and financial success. The draw of religion—that it offers something better than this world can provide—just doesn't hold much appeal to them. It may well be this says less about the correlation of intelligence and religion than it does how religion is presented to people, and why they might reject it ...
Recommended For You
- > 'Independence Day 2' Is Real and It Is Happening
- > Here's a Beautiful Song From Joy Williams and Hayley Williams
- > Darren Wilson Tells ABC News ‘I Did My Job Right’
- > HBO Hired a Ton of Lawyers to Look at Its New Scientology Documentary
- > A Young Chris Pratt Actually Predicted that He Would One Day Star in ‘Jurassic World’