New Reality Show Follows Millionaire Christian Family’s Lavish Lifestyle
Here comes another reality show about wealthy Christians. Bravos’ upcoming reality show Thicker than Water will follow the family of jazz and gospel artist Ben Tankard, as viewers will be treated to a glimpse of a “southern family [that] integrates their strong religious conviction with their penchant for the finer things in life.” In the trailer for the show, Tankard states, “We live in a three-level mansion [with] seven vehicles to drive, plus I love my airplanes.” His wife, who claims that “God wanted us to be rich”, states, ‘We will do everything big–his and her Mercedes, airplanes, houses. We’re just doing what God called us to do.” Obviously, this hasn’t set well with some fellow Christians. The show premiers on Bravo on Nov. 10. The Tankards join the Pastors of L.A. and the Duck Dynasty clan as wealthy Christian families now featured in primetime …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Ringling Bros. Circus Will Phase Out Elephants
- > Here's a New Salvation Army Ad Starring the Dress. (Yes, That Dress.)
- > U.S. Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.5%
- > ‘Toy Story 4’ Will Be a ‘Romantic Comedy’ Not a Continuation of the Trilogy
- > RIP, Jared Leto's Long Hair. You Were Too Beautiful For This World.