New "Looney Tunes" Movie Coming From the Creator of "Marcell: The Shell With Shoes On"
Recently, Lebron James shocked the world with his tweet that he'd like to do a Space Jam sequel. Now, just a few weeks later, we've got word that Jenny Slate—SNL alum and creator of the viral-hit Marcel: The Shell With Shoes On—has been tapped to write a new Looney Tunes movie. That doesn't necessarily mean that Space Jam 2 is in the works, but so what if it did? There's something about the idea of a new Looney Tunes movie that still seems like a good idea. Despite the fact that there is a lot of very deserved complaining about how Hollywood is out of ideas, recycling old tropes, rebooting everything in sight, etc., The Looney Tunes remain so beloved and timeless that almost any announcement of them getting another shot gets people excited. The Looney Tunes are permanently great. That's all, folks ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- South Carolina Just Banned (Almost) All Abortions After 20 Weeks 596
- Again, a Trump Rally Turned Into a 'Riot'94
- 'Master of None' Won a Peabody Award and Aziz Ansari Used the Opportunity to Call Out Hollywood's Diversity Problem601
- The Surprising New Findings that Could Re-Shape the Pro-Life Movement606
- > South Carolina Just Banned (Almost) All Abortions After 20 Weeks
- > Again, a Trump Rally Turned Into a 'Riot'
- > 'Master of None' Won a Peabody Award and Aziz Ansari Used the Opportunity to Call Out Hollywood's Diversity Problem
- > This Simple Video Is a Surprisingly Powerful Look at the European Refugee Crisis
- > Playing God? Scientists Begin Building Human-Animal Hybrid Embryos