A New Long Range Study on Global Warming Says, Yes, It's Pretty Bad
A new study that looks at climate change over the past 11,300 years—a record length of time for any study—suggests that the current trend of global warming is unprecedented. In fact, given the past millennia of trends, earth should be in the middle of a cool phase, according to Oregon State University and Harvard University, who conducted the study. Instead, earth is hotter than it's been in thousands of years, has gotten hotter more quickly than it's ever gotten before and shows no signs of slowing down. "If you were to predict—based on where we are relative to the position of the sun and how we are tilted—you would predict that we would be still cooling, but we're not,"
Recommended For You
- > Steve Carell Is Teaming Up with Charlie Kaufman for a New Sci-Fi Comedy
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > New Zealand Air’s Hobbit-Themed Safety Video Is a Middle Earth Masterpiece
- > Matthew McConaughey's Marriage Advice Actually Isn't Half Bad
- > This Is What a ‘Parks and Rec’ Themed Wedding Looks Like