A New Long Range Study on Global Warming Says, Yes, It's Pretty Bad
A new study that looks at climate change over the past 11,300 years—a record length of time for any study—suggests that the current trend of global warming is unprecedented. In fact, given the past millennia of trends, earth should be in the middle of a cool phase, according to Oregon State University and Harvard University, who conducted the study. Instead, earth is hotter than it's been in thousands of years, has gotten hotter more quickly than it's ever gotten before and shows no signs of slowing down. "If you were to predict—based on where we are relative to the position of the sun and how we are tilted—you would predict that we would be still cooling, but we're not,"
Recommended For YouView More in Reject Apathy
- > Outrage: Officials Just Decided That ‘Boaty McBoatface' Will Be Called the ‘RRS Sir David Attenborough’
- > Here’s the New Justin Timberlake Song He Made for a Troll Movie
- > Meet Your New Han Solo: Alden Ehrenreich
- > Chance the Rapper Debuted a Worshipful New Song Called ‘Blessings’ on ‘The Tonight Show’
- > California Is About to Raise the Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping to 21