The New Bird Flu Has Spread to Taiwan
Taiwanese officials have found their first case of the H7N9 bird flu virus, meaning the mysterious new bug has escaped the Chinese mainland. This raises the confirmed number of cases to 108, and there have been at least 22 deaths. The new virus has been recently identified by the World Health Organization as being similar to the H5N1 bird flu virus that killed 360 people worldwide in 2003, but deadlier and more easily transmitted from poultry to humans ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Nebraska Officially Repeals Death Penalty
- > Advertisers Distance Themselves from ’19 Kids and Counting’ Following Abuse Claims
- > Grumpy Cat Continues Media Takeover with New Graphic Novel
- > UN: World Hunger Down Significantly Since 1990
- > Watch Improv Everywhere Turn Landscapers into Acrobats at NYC Park