The New Bird Flu Has Spread to Taiwan
Taiwanese officials have found their first case of the H7N9 bird flu virus, meaning the mysterious new bug has escaped the Chinese mainland. This raises the confirmed number of cases to 108, and there have been at least 22 deaths. The new virus has been recently identified by the World Health Organization as being similar to the H5N1 bird flu virus that killed 360 people worldwide in 2003, but deadlier and more easily transmitted from poultry to humans ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Former Megachurch Pastor Tullian Tchividjian Almost Committed Suicide After Scandal
- > Last Night’s Debate Has Already Been Autotuned, and It’s Glorious
- > Texas Is Trying to Pass New Fetal Burial Laws
- > Conflict In Aleppo Continues As The City's Children Pray For Brutal War's End
- > San Jose Resident Orders Chicken Wings, Finds $5000 Cash Instead