The New Bird Flu Has Spread to Taiwan
Taiwanese officials have found their first case of the H7N9 bird flu virus, meaning the mysterious new bug has escaped the Chinese mainland. This raises the confirmed number of cases to 108, and there have been at least 22 deaths. The new virus has been recently identified by the World Health Organization as being similar to the H5N1 bird flu virus that killed 360 people worldwide in 2003, but deadlier and more easily transmitted from poultry to humans ...
Recommended For You
- > GamerGate Continues to Be About Misogyny, Despite Its Best Efforts
- > The Perfect Crime: Texting Your Probation Officer for Weed
- > Study: Listening to Music While You Work Makes You More Efficient
- > South Korean KFC’s Version of the Double Down Is Terrifying
- > A Doctor in NYC Has Tested Positive for Ebola