New Abortion Bans Spark Legal Battles
Advocates on both sides of the abortion debate are preparing for legal battles, that some believe could eventually reach the Supreme Court, after two states passed laws limiting the legality of abortion. Just weeks after an Arkansas law was approved making abortion illegal after the 12th week of pregnancy, legislators in North Dakota passed a law banning abortions after six weeks (when doctors can first detect a fetal heartbeat). According to ABC News, in both states, lawyers will be getting assistance from Christian legal organizations like the Liberty Foundation when the laws are challenged by pro-choice advocacy groups …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > A Previously Unfinished Love Story by JRR Tolkien Will Be Published Next Year
- > Lecrae on Racial Injustice: 'As I Shared My Heart, My Supporters Turned on Me'
- > Bob Dylan May Soon Release a ‘Bootleg’ Album of Christian Music
- > And Now, Here's James Corden Re-enacting Famous Tom Cruise Movie Scenes
- > Iraqi Officials: Retaking Mosul From ISIS Is Moving Fast