New Abortion Bans Spark Legal Battles
Advocates on both sides of the abortion debate are preparing for legal battles, that some believe could eventually reach the Supreme Court, after two states passed laws limiting the legality of abortion. Just weeks after an Arkansas law was approved making abortion illegal after the 12th week of pregnancy, legislators in North Dakota passed a law banning abortions after six weeks (when doctors can first detect a fetal heartbeat). According to ABC News, in both states, lawyers will be getting assistance from Christian legal organizations like the Liberty Foundation when the laws are challenged by pro-choice advocacy groups …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President
- > Sir Patrick Stewart Just Got Cast as a Very Special Character in the new 'Emoji Movie'
- > 'Wayne's World' Is Returning to a Theater Near You