New Abortion Bans Spark Legal Battles
Advocates on both sides of the abortion debate are preparing for legal battles, that some believe could eventually reach the Supreme Court, after two states passed laws limiting the legality of abortion. Just weeks after an Arkansas law was approved making abortion illegal after the 12th week of pregnancy, legislators in North Dakota passed a law banning abortions after six weeks (when doctors can first detect a fetal heartbeat). According to ABC News, in both states, lawyers will be getting assistance from Christian legal organizations like the Liberty Foundation when the laws are challenged by pro-choice advocacy groups …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet