New Abortion Bans Spark Legal Battles
Advocates on both sides of the abortion debate are preparing for legal battles, that some believe could eventually reach the Supreme Court, after two states passed laws limiting the legality of abortion. Just weeks after an Arkansas law was approved making abortion illegal after the 12th week of pregnancy, legislators in North Dakota passed a law banning abortions after six weeks (when doctors can first detect a fetal heartbeat). According to ABC News, in both states, lawyers will be getting assistance from Christian legal organizations like the Liberty Foundation when the laws are challenged by pro-choice advocacy groups …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Fox Is Making a Talk Show Hosted By Megachurch Pastors Called ‘The Preachers’
- > Two Biotech Companies Are Going to Start Experimenting with ‘Brain Death Reversal’
- > Lecrae Performed with The Roots Last Night on 'The Tonight Show'
- > Hulu Landed Ron Howard’s New Documentary About The Beatles
- > John Kasich Is Calling It Quits, Trump Is Now Running Unopposed