New Abortion Bans Spark Legal Battles
Advocates on both sides of the abortion debate are preparing for legal battles, that some believe could eventually reach the Supreme Court, after two states passed laws limiting the legality of abortion. Just weeks after an Arkansas law was approved making abortion illegal after the 12th week of pregnancy, legislators in North Dakota passed a law banning abortions after six weeks (when doctors can first detect a fetal heartbeat). According to ABC News, in both states, lawyers will be getting assistance from Christian legal organizations like the Liberty Foundation when the laws are challenged by pro-choice advocacy groups …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Watch Yolanda Adams’ Glorious Late-Night Performance
- > Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack
- > Is Coldplay’s Final Album on the Way?
- > Charges Dropped Against Guitar Shredding Hero Arrested for Playing National Anthem on July 4
- > Tragedy: Bodies of Dozens of Migrants Found in Box Truck in Austria