Netflix to Expand Original Programming Lineup—with Professional Wrestling?
During a recent online news conference call for shareholders, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said that the streaming programming provider will soon be expanding its lineup with new original offerings including feature films, news programs and even talk shows. The company also said they would be “delighted to produce a fifth season of Arrested Development” if possible. Hastings’ announcements follow on the heels of a recent letter to investors that promised more original documentaries and stand-up comedy specials. Despite a modest increase in subscribers, the company’s executives have reasons to make big promises; following a disappointing earnings report, shares of Netflix have fallen. In response, on the conference call, the executive team has promised to pull out all of the stops, even if that means cooking shows, and yes, its own brand of professional wrestling …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > The Mythbusters Are Going to Test Walt White’s Machine Gun with Vince Gilligan
- > Polygamists in Montana Apply for Marriage License
- > Here’s What It Would Look Like If You Could See All the Asteroids in the Sky
- > Mosque Raises Thousands to Help Vandalized Catholic Church
- > Happy July 4 Weekend, Here’s a Crow Riding a Bald Eagle