Netflix to Expand Original Programming Lineup—with Professional Wrestling?
During a recent online news conference call for shareholders, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said that the streaming programming provider will soon be expanding its lineup with new original offerings including feature films, news programs and even talk shows. The company also said they would be “delighted to produce a fifth season of Arrested Development” if possible. Hastings’ announcements follow on the heels of a recent letter to investors that promised more original documentaries and stand-up comedy specials. Despite a modest increase in subscribers, the company’s executives have reasons to make big promises; following a disappointing earnings report, shares of Netflix have fallen. In response, on the conference call, the executive team has promised to pull out all of the stops, even if that means cooking shows, and yes, its own brand of professional wrestling …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > NFL Hall of Famer Jerry Rice Poses as a Lyft Driver for a Day
- > Woman Shows Up to Her Own Funeral Surprising Everyone, Including Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- > 20-Story Crane Collapses in Manhattan
- > The Pastor of China’s Largest Official Protestant Church Has Been Arrested
- > Watch Football Players Complete the Ultimate Physical Challenge: Doing Their Daughters' Hair