Netflix to Expand Original Programming Lineup—with Professional Wrestling?
During a recent online news conference call for shareholders, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said that the streaming programming provider will soon be expanding its lineup with new original offerings including feature films, news programs and even talk shows. The company also said they would be “delighted to produce a fifth season of Arrested Development” if possible. Hastings’ announcements follow on the heels of a recent letter to investors that promised more original documentaries and stand-up comedy specials. Despite a modest increase in subscribers, the company’s executives have reasons to make big promises; following a disappointing earnings report, shares of Netflix have fallen. In response, on the conference call, the executive team has promised to pull out all of the stops, even if that means cooking shows, and yes, its own brand of professional wrestling …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Chris Pratt Asks Twitter Followers to Pray for a Fan’s Young Son Suffering From Brain Cancer
- > Peak Summer Stargazing Season Starts Tonight
- > 'Story of God with Morgan Freeman' Gets a Season 2
- > Here’s a Look at the New Season of ‘Gilmore Girls’
- > Apple Music Will Be the Home to the ‘Carpool Karaoke' Series