Netflix to Expand Original Programming Lineup—with Professional Wrestling?
During a recent online news conference call for shareholders, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said that the streaming programming provider will soon be expanding its lineup with new original offerings including feature films, news programs and even talk shows. The company also said they would be “delighted to produce a fifth season of Arrested Development” if possible. Hastings’ announcements follow on the heels of a recent letter to investors that promised more original documentaries and stand-up comedy specials. Despite a modest increase in subscribers, the company’s executives have reasons to make big promises; following a disappointing earnings report, shares of Netflix have fallen. In response, on the conference call, the executive team has promised to pull out all of the stops, even if that means cooking shows, and yes, its own brand of professional wrestling …
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > ‘Fixer Upper’ Couple: ‘Our Family Has Made a Commitment to Put Christ First’
- > What the Bible Says About How to Treat Refugees
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Report: Justin Bieber Turned a Concert into a Church Service
- > The Definitive Ranking of Insanely Awesome Christian Album Covers
- > A 'Friday Night Lights' Musical is Coming
- > 5 Black Lives Matter Demonstrators Were Shot in Minneapolis Last Night
- > Officer Charged with Murder for Shooting Black Teen 16 Times
- > Netflix to Release an Original Indie Film Written by Bob Odenkirk
- > White Christians Are No Longer the Majority in the U.S.