Netflix to Expand Original Programming Lineup—with Professional Wrestling?
During a recent online news conference call for shareholders, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said that the streaming programming provider will soon be expanding its lineup with new original offerings including feature films, news programs and even talk shows. The company also said they would be “delighted to produce a fifth season of Arrested Development” if possible. Hastings’ announcements follow on the heels of a recent letter to investors that promised more original documentaries and stand-up comedy specials. Despite a modest increase in subscribers, the company’s executives have reasons to make big promises; following a disappointing earnings report, shares of Netflix have fallen. In response, on the conference call, the executive team has promised to pull out all of the stops, even if that means cooking shows, and yes, its own brand of professional wrestling …
Recommended For You
- > Found Footage of Brutal Murders Sets Off International Investigation
- > Missionary Who Contracted Ebola Is Being Discharged from Atlanta Hospital
- > Watch These Adorable Kids Reenact the Primetime Emmy Award Nominees
- > Someone Captured a Picture of Superman’s New Suit for ‘Batman v. Superman’
- > Report: Hamas Official Claims Group Is Responsible for the Kidnapping and Murder of 3 Israeli Teens