NCAA Deals Out Severe Penn State Punishment
The NCAA sent a strong message today, dealing Penn State a crushing $60 million fine, a four year post-season ban and a 14 season record book wipe, erasing 114 victories from history and officially revoking head coach Joe Paterno's record as football's "winningest coach." The school will also have to forego 10 scholarships this season, and 20 over the following 4 years. NCAA President Mark Emmert made the announcements Monday morning, saying that Penn State's Sandusky scandal had been "unprecedented" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > A '20/20' Special Will Look at an American Hostage Captured By ISIS for Her Christian Faith
- > 28 More Companies Sign White House Pledge to Close Gender Wage Gap
- > An Artist Left a Gown in the Dead Sea and It Came Out Even More Beautiful
- > Worldwide Outrage Causes France to Overturn Burkini Ban
- > 2 Mississippi Nuns Found Dead in Their Home, Community Reacts