National Fast Food Workers Strike Is Happening Today
If you’re heading out to grab a burger at lunch this afternoon, you may notice that many fast food restaurants aren’t open for business today. Employees across several major cities are taking part in a massive fast food workers strike today, protesting their low wages and fighting for the right to organize as a labor group without the risk of losing their jobs. Currently, the average hourly wage for an American fast food worker is just $9 an hour—the annual income comes out to about $4,500 under the poverty threshold for a family of four. Workers are asking that fast food companies increase the industry’s minimum wage to $15 an hour …
Recommended For You
- > Kanye Responds to Critics: 'I'm a Married, Christian Man.'
- > Man Accidentally Freed From Jail Six Years Ago Returns to Jail
- > Urban Outfitters, What On Earth Were You Thinking?
- > Here's Another Trailer for 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
- > North Korea Sentences 24-Year-Old American to 6 Years Hard Labor