National Fast Food Workers Strike Is Happening Today
If you’re heading out to grab a burger at lunch this afternoon, you may notice that many fast food restaurants aren’t open for business today. Employees across several major cities are taking part in a massive fast food workers strike today, protesting their low wages and fighting for the right to organize as a labor group without the risk of losing their jobs. Currently, the average hourly wage for an American fast food worker is just $9 an hour—the annual income comes out to about $4,500 under the poverty threshold for a family of four. Workers are asking that fast food companies increase the industry’s minimum wage to $15 an hour …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Presidential Debate Will Be Streaming Tonight for All Cord Cutters
- > This Trailer for ‘The 13th’ Will Make You Rethink What You Know About Mass Incarceration
- > Martin Scorsese’s Missionary Film ‘Silence’ Will Release in December
- > Even the Guy In Charge of DC Movies Doesn’t Like Them
- > Tim Tebow On Colin Kaepernick's Protests: It's About Doing It 'the Right Way'