National Fast Food Workers Strike Is Happening Today
If you’re heading out to grab a burger at lunch this afternoon, you may notice that many fast food restaurants aren’t open for business today. Employees across several major cities are taking part in a massive fast food workers strike today, protesting their low wages and fighting for the right to organize as a labor group without the risk of losing their jobs. Currently, the average hourly wage for an American fast food worker is just $9 an hour—the annual income comes out to about $4,500 under the poverty threshold for a family of four. Workers are asking that fast food companies increase the industry’s minimum wage to $15 an hour …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > K-Cup Creator Feels Bad about All the Pollution Invention Has Caused
- > Protestors Arrested in Ferguson Following Release of DOJ Report
- > Here Are Some Interactive Apple Watch Sample Apps
- > Rikers Inmates Team Up to Save Guard From Sexual Assault
- > Report: Jennifer Lawrence to Star in Spielberg’s New War Film