Nation Sees Big Turnaround in Same-Sex Marriage
Proponents of legislation for same-sex marriage had a very big night at the polls. Maryland and Maine both voted in favor of same-sex marriage on Tuesday, in a move symbolic of America's pivotal move towards the legalization of same-sex marriage. Also, Wisconsin Democrat Tammy Baldwin became America's first openly lesbian senator. "It's hard to overstate the national significance of this vote," said Marc Solomon, Freedom to Marry's campaign director ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Amazon’s ‘Dash’ Automatic Ordering Button Is Evidently Not a Prank
- > U.S. Foreign Adoptions are the Lowest They’ve Been Since 1982
- > Noose Found Hanging on Duke Campus. Investigation Underway.
- > Netflix Wants to Remind You of the 'Dangers' of Binge-Watching
- > Spray for Cyclists Lights Up at Night But Is Invisible During the Day