NASA Mohawk Guy, Ted Nugent Among State of the Union Guests
Sometimes it pays to have a sweet haircut. (And if you’re smart enough to also land a 1-ton robotic rover on a far-off planet, well, that’s a plus, as well.) The mohawked NASA engineer whose star-themed haircut went viral following the Mars rover “Curiosity” landing will sit next to First Lady Michelle Obama at tonight’s State of the Union address. Bobak Ferdowsi, an Iranian-American, will help underscore the president’s platform of offering more visas to immigrants skilled in the fields of math and science. On the other side of the common-sense spectrum, a Texas congressman has personally invited ‘80s rock star Ted Nugent to the event as his guest—the same Ted Nugent who was recently visited by the Secret Service after a rant in which he proclaimed he would either be “dead or in jail” if the president was re-elected. Keep it classy, Nuge …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin
- > Georgia Postpones Kelly Renee Gissendaner’s Execution
- > Let This Picture of a Baby Weasel Riding a Woodpecker Fly into Your Heart
- > Twitter Suspends 2,000 Accounts Associated with ISIS; Twitter Employees Threatened
- > New Ikea Furniture Will Have Wireless Phone Chargers