Mother Releases Very Sad Video of Her Son's Bullying
A 40-minute video of a 10-year-old Appomattox boy has been released by the boy's mother, who wants to open up doors to conversation about the state of bullying in America. As a whole, it's a very ugly and very depressing video of two older boys exerting their physical and emotional dominance over a very scared, confused Cequan Haskins, and none of it easy to watch, although some parts are harder than others. At one point, the two boys hold a cigarette lighter to Cequan's arm, at which point he screams and the bus driver shouts, "Anything to get him quiet!" So, it's an awful video, obviously. Roxanne Haskins, the boy's mother, who released the video, said that she "wanted parents to be aware, that when I speak out, I'm speaking out for all kids. But unfortunately, this did happen to my child, and I want parents to be aware of what's going on in the school system."
One bright spot: Matt Coleman, a local Mixed Martial Arts expert, has offered Cequan several weeks of free Ju-Jitsu lessons, telling the press, "It's not about violence, fighting. It's about protecting yourself, taking control of the situation long enough to get away and to, you know, get help." Mrs. Haskins said she'll be taking Coleman up on his offer ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal