Mohamed Morsi Becomes Egypt's First President Since Mubarak
History was made this weekend when the Muslim Brotherhood's Mohamed Morsi, an American-trained engineer and lawmaker, became the first president to win a competitive election in Egypt. It's a big win for the Brotherhood, who've been locked in a power struggle with military ever since Mubarak stepped down last year. It's the first time an Islamist has been elected a head of state in Egypt, and the repercussions for Egyptians are, at this stage, unclear ...
Recommended For You
- > National Treasures Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Are Hosting the Golden Globes Again
- > Colleges Distance Themselves from Bill Cosby
- > Patagonia Is Giving Away Clothes to Keep You from Shopping on Black Friday
- > There Will Be a Second Season of ‘Serial’
- > Ferguson Bakery Owner Raises $250K Online after Store Is Damaged in Riots