Mohamed Morsi Becomes Egypt's First President Since Mubarak
History was made this weekend when the Muslim Brotherhood's Mohamed Morsi, an American-trained engineer and lawmaker, became the first president to win a competitive election in Egypt. It's a big win for the Brotherhood, who've been locked in a power struggle with military ever since Mubarak stepped down last year. It's the first time an Islamist has been elected a head of state in Egypt, and the repercussions for Egyptians are, at this stage, unclear ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'
- > Watch Justin Bieber Play ‘I Could Sing of Your Love Forever’ on the Purpose Tour
- > The Second Season of 'Jessica Jones' Will Only Have Women Directors
- > An American Missionary Was Kidnapped in Niger Earlier This Month
- > Adnan Syed Could Soon Be Freed on Bail
- > Mel Gibson Tells Joel Osteen that His ‘Passion’ Follow-up Will Be Surprising on a ‘Theological Level’
- > You Can Actually Tell When Your Friends Are Fake Laughing at Your Jokes, Because Science