Millennials Reading More Than Anyone, Thank You Very Much
For all that fretting about how the Millennial generation is too busy tweeting, texting, blogging and catching up on episodes of Gossip Girl to have time for books, new studies find that they're actually doing the most reading in America. In 2011, Millennials bought 30 percent of all books sold in the United States, as opposed to Boomers, who bought just 24 percent. Of course, they're doing most of their buying and reading through online vendors, so this isn't exactly cheerful news for print publications yet, but it's good news for anyone who was worried that the next generation doesn't read. Now, whether or not they're reading something good or if most of those sales can be attributed to Twilight is anyone's guess ...
Recommended For You
- > Almost Half of the Syrian Population Is Now Displaced
- > Bill Murray Took Tickets at a Minor League Baseball Game This Week
- > Officials in Missouri Are Being Sued for $40 Million Following Ferguson Crackdown
- > Here’s a Look at Google’s Drone Delivery System, Project Wing
- > ‘Simpsons’ Mini-Marathons Will Be a Part of FXX’s Daily Lineup Moving Forward