Millennials Reading More Than Anyone, Thank You Very Much
For all that fretting about how the Millennial generation is too busy tweeting, texting, blogging and catching up on episodes of Gossip Girl to have time for books, new studies find that they're actually doing the most reading in America. In 2011, Millennials bought 30 percent of all books sold in the United States, as opposed to Boomers, who bought just 24 percent. Of course, they're doing most of their buying and reading through online vendors, so this isn't exactly cheerful news for print publications yet, but it's good news for anyone who was worried that the next generation doesn't read. Now, whether or not they're reading something good or if most of those sales can be attributed to Twilight is anyone's guess ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer Team Up For A New Film
- > Biebs Is Bringing Back the WWJD Bracelet
- > Just Try to Contain Your Excitement: There’s a New Album on the Way From Adele
- > Behind-the-Scenes of ‘Captive’: The Story of the ‘Purpose Driven Life’ Hostage Stand-off
- > Trippy New PSA Uses Internet Memes to Warn of the Dangers of Smoking