This Might Be the House of Elisha
Archeologists are evidently just wandering around Israel and overturning every empty hunk of dirt they find, because it's been a watershed month for biblical archeologist aficionados. We've already found the palace of King David, and now we've got what may be the house of Elisha. Maybe? All they can really tell is that it was a house belonging to someone named Elisha, who may have been a holy man, who lived in roughly the same time and area as the biblical prophet. So, it could be Elisha's house, and that's good enough for Cory Summers—owner of Nazareth Village, an open air museum in Israel that works sort of like a biblical version of a medieval fair. "For God to allow this to be unearthed at this time, I think it is again another indication that we are to aggressively go forward with this kind of data, this kind of research, this kind of archaeological dig," Summers said.
Recommended For You
- > The All-Female Ghostbusters Cast Is Here and It Is Perfect
- > Hollywood Wants Chris Pratt to Be the New Indiana Jones, No Duh.
- > You Have to Admit, Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' Does Sound a Lot Like Tom Petty's 'Won't Back Down'
- > Here’s a List of the ‘Best Jobs’ in America
- > Prisoner Exonerations Hit a Record High Last Year