Is Michael W. Smith Taking Away Our Freedoms?
Michael W. Smith is at the center of a lawsuit being filed by Utah man who says Smith's upcoming concert series violates the separation of church and state. The concert—which is being held in Draper, Utah—was partially funded by the Draper City Council, which also publicized the show on its website. So, obviously, lots of freedoms being trampled on here. When questioned, Smith said that the lawsuit was "the craziest thing I've ever heard," which might be true, but he really should have suggested that everyone put the whole thing to rest by just being friends. Because we all know how long friends last ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Why I Go To Church Even When I Don’t Feel Like It
- > Candace Cameron Bure Is the Newest Co-Host of ‘The View’
- > 3 Ways Christians Turn People Off from Church
- > Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack
- > 22 People Killed at Doctors Without Borders Hospital in Afghanistan During U.S. Airstrike
- > The Return of the Lilith Fair? Yes Please, Says HAIM
- > Get Out Your Pencils, Cassettes are Back
- > Man Calls in Bomb Threat to Avoid Missing His Plane
- > OutKast’s ‘Hey Ya’ Holds Up Remarkably Well as a ‘60s Soul Song