Message in a Bottle Found 28 Years Later
When “Jonathon” from Nova Scotia threw a handwritten note to “Mary” contained inside a bottle into the sea in 1985, he probably didn’t know it would in up Croatia almost 30 years later. In order to get there, it had cross the Atlantic Ocean, go through the Strait of Gibraltar and across the Alboran Sea before some surfers found it while picking up trash on the beach. “Mary, you really are a great person. I hope we can keep in correspondence. I said I would write. Your friend always, Jonathon, Nova Scotia, 1985.” To be fair to Jonathon, in remote parts of Nova Scotia in 1985, throwing bottles into the sea was the most sophisticated form of postal delivery service available …
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin
- > Georgia Postpones Kelly Renee Gissendaner’s Execution