Meriam Yehya Has Reportedly Been Re-arrested in Sudan
Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, the woman who was released from death row yesterday following an international uproar for her unjust sentencing, appears to have been re-arrested again along with her family as she attempted to leave Sudan. The heartbreaking tale comes after 27-year-old Ibrahim refused to recant on her Christian faith, resulting in her being sentenced to hang as an apostate. Following a global outcry, Sudanese courts released her and her two children yesterday, and they quickly made plans to leave the country along with her American husband, Daniel Wani. However, a report says that the family was detained at the airport and is now being held for unknown reasons.
CNN also reports that a man claiming to be Ibrahim's brother has expressed outrage at his alleged sister's release, and has hinted at exacting his own retribution ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Michael Jordan Speaks Out Against Police Brutality and Violence Against Police
- > At Least 80 People Were Killed By ISIS Suicide Attacks in Kabul on Saturday
- > The ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000’ Reboot Is Headed to Netflix
- > Host of ‘The Preachers’ Says He Was Joking After He Seemed to Endorse Open Marriages
- > This ‘Legends of the Hidden Temple’ Movie Looks Super Lame