Meriam Yehya Has Reportedly Been Re-arrested in Sudan
Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, the woman who was released from death row yesterday following an international uproar for her unjust sentencing, appears to have been re-arrested again along with her family as she attempted to leave Sudan. The heartbreaking tale comes after 27-year-old Ibrahim refused to recant on her Christian faith, resulting in her being sentenced to hang as an apostate. Following a global outcry, Sudanese courts released her and her two children yesterday, and they quickly made plans to leave the country along with her American husband, Daniel Wani. However, a report says that the family was detained at the airport and is now being held for unknown reasons.
CNN also reports that a man claiming to be Ibrahim's brother has expressed outrage at his alleged sister's release, and has hinted at exacting his own retribution ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > Aziz Ansari Announces 'Master of None' Season 2 Is Coming
- > New Study Shows Church-Going Couples Are Happier
- > Check Out the Final ‘Batman vs. Superman: The Dawn of Justice’ Trailer
- > Scientists Detect Gravitational Waves, Confirming Einstein’s Prediction
- > Jared Padalecki Is Returning to Stars Hollow as Dean