Mehr: The Iranian YouTube
Although many Iranians have found a way around the government's web filter, Iran has gone ahead and created a YouTube all its own called "Mehr." It's the nation's very first state-sponsored foray into online media, and it's in full adherence to the country's interpretation of Islamic Law. It's the latest, and probably not the last, attempt of Iran to achieve independence from global web services. But it's just as likely to make the populace dependent on one cat video an hour to get anything done, so it's sort of a lose/lose situation ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Pope Francis: Christians Should Apologize for the Way They Have Treated the Gay Community
- > Here's Jesse William’s Passionate Speech About Injustice at the BET Awards
- > 39 Inmates Were Baptized This Weekend at a Jail in North Carolina
- > James Dobson Says Trump Is a ‘Baby Christian’ Who Recently Came to 'Accept a Relationship With Christ’
- > Could a New App Help End Human Trafficking?