Mehr: The Iranian YouTube
Although many Iranians have found a way around the government's web filter, Iran has gone ahead and created a YouTube all its own called "Mehr." It's the nation's very first state-sponsored foray into online media, and it's in full adherence to the country's interpretation of Islamic Law. It's the latest, and probably not the last, attempt of Iran to achieve independence from global web services. But it's just as likely to make the populace dependent on one cat video an hour to get anything done, so it's sort of a lose/lose situation ...
Recommended For You
- > Satanists Handing Out Satanic Children's Books or Something.
- > Krispy Kreme Is Celebrating Ghostbusters’ 30th Anniversary with Custom Donuts
- > Speaking in Tongues Is on the Rise Among Americans
- > Bryan Cranston’s Faux One Man MLB Show Will Make You Love Baseball
- > Major Companies Agree to Greenhouse Gas Cuts Equivalent to 15 Million Cars Off the Road