Mehr: The Iranian YouTube
Although many Iranians have found a way around the government's web filter, Iran has gone ahead and created a YouTube all its own called "Mehr." It's the nation's very first state-sponsored foray into online media, and it's in full adherence to the country's interpretation of Islamic Law. It's the latest, and probably not the last, attempt of Iran to achieve independence from global web services. But it's just as likely to make the populace dependent on one cat video an hour to get anything done, so it's sort of a lose/lose situation ...
Recommended For You
- > Here's a Beautiful Song From Joy Williams and Haley Williams
- > Darren Wilson Tells ABC News ‘I Did My Job Right’
- > HBO Hired a Ton of Lawyers to Look at Its New Scientology Documentary
- > A Young Chris Pratt Actually Predicted that He Would One Day Star in ‘Jurassic World’
- > Michael Brown Case: Protestors Hit the Streets in 170 Cities