Mehr: The Iranian YouTube
Although many Iranians have found a way around the government's web filter, Iran has gone ahead and created a YouTube all its own called "Mehr." It's the nation's very first state-sponsored foray into online media, and it's in full adherence to the country's interpretation of Islamic Law. It's the latest, and probably not the last, attempt of Iran to achieve independence from global web services. But it's just as likely to make the populace dependent on one cat video an hour to get anything done, so it's sort of a lose/lose situation ...
Recommended For You
- > Meet the Chestnut Praline Latte, Starbucks' First New Drink in 5 Years
- > Amy Poehler's Next Project: A Church-Themed Comedy
- > CDC Says NBC Cameraman Is Now Ebola-Free
- > Renee Zellweger Will Star in a Movie Based on a Book from ‘Heaven Is For Real’ Author
- > American Detained in North Korea for Leaving Bible at Club Has Been Freed