Mehr: The Iranian YouTube
Although many Iranians have found a way around the government's web filter, Iran has gone ahead and created a YouTube all its own called "Mehr." It's the nation's very first state-sponsored foray into online media, and it's in full adherence to the country's interpretation of Islamic Law. It's the latest, and probably not the last, attempt of Iran to achieve independence from global web services. But it's just as likely to make the populace dependent on one cat video an hour to get anything done, so it's sort of a lose/lose situation ...
Recommended For You
- > The Release Date Has Been Set for Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice'
- > The 'Fight Club' Sequel You've Always Wanted Is Finally Happening
- > Trailer: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'The Imitation Game'
- > No Religious Exemptions on New LBGT Discrimination Orders
- > J.J. Abrams Shows Off His 'Star Wars: Episode VII' X-Wing