Mehr: The Iranian YouTube
Although many Iranians have found a way around the government's web filter, Iran has gone ahead and created a YouTube all its own called "Mehr." It's the nation's very first state-sponsored foray into online media, and it's in full adherence to the country's interpretation of Islamic Law. It's the latest, and probably not the last, attempt of Iran to achieve independence from global web services. But it's just as likely to make the populace dependent on one cat video an hour to get anything done, so it's sort of a lose/lose situation ...
Recommended For You
- > Homemade Transformers Halloween Costumes Show the True Possibilities of Cardboard and Glue
- > Myanmar Leadership Host Rare Meetings with Activist Aung San Suu Kyi
- > There’s Definitely Going to Be a New Pee-wee Herman Movie
- > A New Frontrunner for the Best Mugshot of 2014
- > Nike's New Ad Is For the Lebron Fan In All of Us