Mehr: The Iranian YouTube
Although many Iranians have found a way around the government's web filter, Iran has gone ahead and created a YouTube all its own called "Mehr." It's the nation's very first state-sponsored foray into online media, and it's in full adherence to the country's interpretation of Islamic Law. It's the latest, and probably not the last, attempt of Iran to achieve independence from global web services. But it's just as likely to make the populace dependent on one cat video an hour to get anything done, so it's sort of a lose/lose situation ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Watch This Father of the Bride Pull the ‘Ole ‘I Just Dropped the Wedding Cake' Prank
- > Here’s the New Trailer for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'
- > Tebow Hit a Homerun on the First Pitch of His Pro Baseball Career
- > Disney Is Remaking ‘The Lion King’ for $ome Rea$on
- > Hillsong NYC’s Carl Lentz: At This Church, We Are Not Saying 'All Lives Matter'