Mehr: The Iranian YouTube
Although many Iranians have found a way around the government's web filter, Iran has gone ahead and created a YouTube all its own called "Mehr." It's the nation's very first state-sponsored foray into online media, and it's in full adherence to the country's interpretation of Islamic Law. It's the latest, and probably not the last, attempt of Iran to achieve independence from global web services. But it's just as likely to make the populace dependent on one cat video an hour to get anything done, so it's sort of a lose/lose situation ...
Recommended For You
- > Jimmy Fallon Did Us All a Favor and Just Started Making Up Good News
- > Having Bane at Your Wedding Is a Necessary Evil
- > Incident Report from Michael Brown Shooting Wasn’t Reviewed for 10 Days
- > Here’s the First Full Trailer for Dave Grohl’s New Music Series ‘Sonic Highways’
- > Chris Pratt Dressed Up as Star-Lord to Visit a Children’s Hospital