Mehr: The Iranian YouTube
Although many Iranians have found a way around the government's web filter, Iran has gone ahead and created a YouTube all its own called "Mehr." It's the nation's very first state-sponsored foray into online media, and it's in full adherence to the country's interpretation of Islamic Law. It's the latest, and probably not the last, attempt of Iran to achieve independence from global web services. But it's just as likely to make the populace dependent on one cat video an hour to get anything done, so it's sort of a lose/lose situation ...
Recommended For You
- > Kenny G Thinks He Gave Starbucks the Idea for the Frappuccino, and Who Are We to Argue?
- > Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat,' as Is Her Right as an American
- > The ‘Steve Jobs’ Movie Is Definitely Happening
- > Report: A City of 2 Million People Is Surrounded by Boko Haram Militants
- > GoDaddy Pulls Super Bowl Ad Amidst Outrage