Megan Fox on Speaking in Tongues
Celebrity gossip isn't exactly RELEVANT's wheelhouse but, every now and then, you chance upon a story of that goes a little beyond "who wore it better" or who's getting "dangerously thin" and into something that actually has a little substance. Case in point: Megan Fox. In you're familiar with her at all, it's as Shia LeBouf's perennial damsel-in-mass-destruction in the first few Transformers movies. In a new interview with Esquire, she opens up about the church she's been attending. She says she's seen "crazy things happen," like people being healed, and has spoken in tongues.
I've seen people be healed. Even now, in the church I go to, during Praise and Worship I could feel that I was maybe getting ready to speak in tongues, and I'd have to shut it off because I don't know what that church would do if I started screaming out in tongues in the back.
Just as interesting are Fox's musings on being a sex symbol. While her photo shoot for the magazine suggests she hasn't exactly turned a corner, she talks like she has. "I didn't feel powerful," she says of her time spent as Hollywood's go-to teen-boy bait. "It ate every other part of my personality, not for me but for how people saw me, because there was nothing else to see or know. That devalued me. Because I wasn't anything. I was an image. I was a picture. I was a pose" ...
Recommended For YouView More in Culture
- > Tracy Morgan Says He Had an Encounter with God After His Accident
- > Got the Post-Holiday Mondays? Here Are the Unreal Star Wars Impressions Your Day Needs
- > University of Chicago Campus Shut Down Due to Threats of Gun Violence
- > Here’s a New Look at Amazon’s 30-Minute Drone Delivery System
- > Taylor Swift Met with a Young Fan Who May Soon Lose Her Hearing